August 2011

August 2011

Friday, August 28, 2015

Commune with me....


I have been asking of the Lord more lately.
He has been revealing more to me too.
It is an amazing thing to do just what the scriptures say.

But in that asking, that communing, that
looking to the Lord for direction,
help, strength, and understanding,
I have new realizations.

Here is one of the most recent:

What do canning days at the Dawson Diner,
any form of mass transportation,
and my kitchen table 
have in common?

Community

This is what jazzes me up,
gets me excited,
makes me giddy, 
and brings me joy.

For as long as I can remember, I have sought out community.
I enjoy all of the above mentioned events simply
because they bring me community with loved ones.

Canning days with the most comfortable of friends and their
children all running amuck in the backyard,
airplanes, trains, and busses providing a moving community,
and the kitchen table that has hosted many friends both old and new, 
bowls of popcorn, and sometimes tears,
these are the things I enjoy about community.

It is when one feels safe and free enough to let their
hair down and simply be,
yes, that is community.
When one feels comfortable enough to fetch their own
drink in my home, take their shoes off, 
and even take a nap at my home, 
those are the signs of real life with real people.

Yet, that is just what I have been doing with the 
Creator of the universe.
I have allowed myself to be.
To not mask my desires, thoughts, and motives.
I have taken off my shoes at his feet, 
let my hair down, and laid my head in His lap.

I suppose I am learning to drink from Him again,
fetching my water from the only life giving well worth drinking from.

I am realizing my passion of community
as I experience from the One who intended such a thing for all mankind,
who says, "Commune with Me."
Community.


No comments:

Post a Comment