August 2011

August 2011

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

YoCo Fun!

Confession . . . I am a very practical person.
Therefore, I use many items in this house until they can simply not be used any longer.
Here is one item that is used daily by someone here in this home.

The yogurt container.
Weekly, or rather, biweekly 32 ounce yogurt containers are purchased.
There are goat yogurt containers or 
cow's milk organic whole plain yogurt.
Yes, I'm that Mom who will not buy the colorful fruit filled
yogurt for my kids.  We add our own fun things to yogurt,
like cinnamon sugar, maple syrup, honey, food coloring,
and jam.  Call me a control freak, that's fine, I just like knowing
what exactly is in the food my family consumes.

Now, I understand that most people recycle or trash their yogurt containers.
Most people don't have a thrill about reusing items,
but I do.  Because of this I would like to give these plain
old containers a new name.
There are all kinds of people that get nifty nicknames
like J Lo, Shaq, A Rod, J Roll to name a few.
Then there is Fro Yo of which I was introduced to in Chicago.
Frozen Yogurt had a makeover apparently and now has a cool
nickname too.

So my new term, and I do hope it catches on is

YoCo!
(short for Yogurt Container)

So here are some glimpses into my world so you can see some of 
the uses for Yo Cos.


Minus the red eyes, this is what happens when we start popping
popcorn.  Micah runs to the cabinet and gets out our popcorn
containers, YoCos.


They hold art supplies.


I waited one day too late to take this picture.
These YoCos were full of tomato sprouts.
Yes, over 30 tomato plants were planted in YoCos and
sitting on my laundry room shelves for weeks.


This is the latest invention, a YoCo quiver for Caleb's arrows.


A YoCo holding my someday craft projects.


YoCo containers are very handy in the car or minivan.
This YoCo is mostly used as the Hurl Holder
for the queasy stomachs.
I spared you the details here, you're welcome.


Yes, even the chickens get acquainted with YoCos.
They function very nicely as chicken food scoopers.

Go ahead, purchase your very own YoCo at the store this week
and find a new use for the everyday life.
But please do me one favor, share your use for YoCos 
with me, I'd love to learn something new from you.

Favorite thing

Giggling to myself about the fun I would have when I posted this YoCo info.




No comments:

Post a Comment