It happened.
All because of Focus on the Family's magazine Thriving Family
They offered a kid friendly explanation about Passover and
gave some simple instructions on how to have a Seder.
We did it.
The china and table linens were pulled out, the table was set,
and candles lit for the big event.
We found that the kids and whole family for that matter enjoyed it, a lot.
I wanted to capture some memories from the night so I wrote down
some quotes to share.
Kylie's definition of Passover was, "drink it, pass it, drink it, pass it."
She is also the one that asked, "Why is there chewed up food (haroset)
on the plates?"
Allie lost her parsley in the salt water.
Referring to the Matzahs, I wondered " Can we eat God and the Holy
Spirit matzahs or should I get another?"
But the best part was sitting as a family and speaking, learning,
and laughing together as we celebrated what
Christ has done for us all.
Christ left His Father and all that He knew to come to earth,
He gave all that He had to all who didn't seem to care,
gave His body and soul for those who
didn't even know His name,
and He died.
Died to save so many from themselves and the bad things they had done.
In doing this He left those he had lived for and with.
He was then alive 3 days later only because of the Power of God.
You see, He, Christ is Life, and Life forever and He alone
has conquered death, forever.
So in celebrating Passover, we celebrated Christ, His life and Power to
save souls from eternal damnation.
Favorite thing
Accomplishing something I wanted to do as a family
and being successful with the whole family enjoying it.


No comments:
Post a Comment