It has happened...
the delightful surprise of yumminess in life,
the time I find myself savoring the little things
for my pleasure, simply so that they will not be lost.
Randomly this morning my soul was rather content enough to catch
glimpses of my world in a very inviting manner.
The first one happened as I was making sausage for my man.
Just standing in the kitchen by the stovetop with my
lovely, seasoned cast iron skillet, POOF!, it hit me.
As I flipped a sausage patty and took in the sounds of the morning
children playing happily in the living room,
sausage sizzling and delightful pork aromas wafting about,
Andrew Bird music grooving through my morning abode,
I love this part of my life.
The peaceful part.
It was as if
God was telling me
"I love you".
Again within half an hour more treasures arose.
From an upstairs window I watched as my ever moving and
energetic 7 year old little man ran down the icy walkway.
It was with a bright white backdrop of snow that I enjoyed his green pants,
blue coat, and the coonskin hat that he chose for this day's attire.
You see, he is 18 pages away from finishing a beloved Davy Crockett book.
Yes, Davy who killed more than 105 bear in one year, that's the one.
This Davy Crockett has enamored a few men in my life that I love.
God was saying,
"you are doing it!"
this thing called parenting
of which my husband reminded me this morning
is not for the faint of heart.
Yet again, as I was helping Kylie choose her clothes,
I just had to smile and chuckle.
The magenta corduroy skirt with the floral pattern went wonderfully with
the purply flowered bog boots that were covering her fuzzy pink socks.
Kylie has a style that is very individual, practical, and comfortable and I love
the whimsical fun that it provokes.
God was saying,
"I delight in you this same way."
And yet another few images that make me smile would be the half naked
girl running about this house, supposedly potty training.
Her sidekick, "Bicah," who called me into the party bathroom where his sister
was keeping him company so he wouldn't be scared.
Yes, Micah who regularly wears the dress up dresses,
was today sitting on the potty with a pink princess umbrella waiting
for me to wipe his bottom.
I am today savoring the little things because someday they
will not be occupying this house, but they will be captured in this head.
Lest I forget them, they are now here in this blog too.
Lord knows I'll need to be reminded of both these memories and
his goodness again tomorrow.
I'm so grateful he doesn't grow weary of reminding me of all that I wish I could
remember, His love that endures forever and manifests itself
in my everyday life.
*please note that most mornings are not as peaceful as captured here.
We have our fair share of attitudes, whining, and just plain issues too.
I don't want to paint a picture that doesn't represent the reality of sin.
So beautiful....what precious treasures to store in your heart. What a God given gift to be called to be a Mom!
ReplyDeleteLove it! You're so blessed.
ReplyDelete