August 2011

August 2011

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Delight in the Unexpected!

I have pondered writing this post
for weeks now.  The time has finally come and you
should prepare yourselves for some pure joy in this entry.

Here is a wonderful story of my birthday.
Now mind you my birthday is a day I look forward to always, 
but this year even more so as I invited some of my
closest lady friends to come for desserts.

I spent the day in the kitchen. 
On holidays this is my favorite room to be in.
I view holidays as a "free" day to do what I want
and I usually end up creating deliciousness
as the kids frolic in the backyard or happily play indoors.
Only sometimes do the kids interrupt my bliss.

So a tiramisu was made with the help of my friend Melissa.
Strawberry and Rhubarb came in from the backyard
together in the form of a pie.
And what would a gathering be without my favorite
peach kuchen?

During dinner someone rang the doorbell.
This is not a normal occurrence, as most people 
walk right it.  It was a friend from church delivering
a dark chocolate birthday cake his wife had made me.



The evening weather was divine and so we
gathered around the picnic table with
the above mentioned yumminess.
My dear friend Webb blessed me with some very 
kind words as a birthday gift, and we sat and kibitzed.
Then we moved our conversation to the fire pit.
We proceeded to laugh until our
bellies grew sore and our souls overflowed.

I wanted to capture on camera all the friends that came
that night to remember the fun.
So into the living room we went and Mat took our
picture a few times.
Here's the picture after he said, "Say cheese!"




Mat took a few more pictures just to be sure he 
captured everyone well.
Here is the picture taken when Mat said,
"Say Amy Dawson's pregnant!"


Well this was funny because it took a bit for my friends
to react to what Mat said.  After 10 seconds of 
staring and smiling, someone said, "Is that true?."

After answering that what Mat said was indeed correct
the fun began.  I was so happy that Mat was ready 
to catch it all on camera.  This is what happened. . .


I love the reactions.  Pam with her hands covering her mouth is great, and
Gigi in the back being loud most likely.  Everyone was 
overjoyed as are we.


And so I proceeded to give details of importance such as
my age which was (as of my birthday), 34.
However, when I gave this I answered the question,
"How far along are you?".
That was not correct as I was only 9 weeks along.
So we laughed on and on.



Here's a moment from the beginning of the story:


Being somewhat surprised at the outcome of this
test I took a picture.

So there you have it the Dawson baby #5 is on it's 
way, due to come into the world come January 2012.

Favorite thing:
a campfire in the morning






No comments:

Post a Comment