The final part of this little series.
I delight myself in thinking of my little homestead as a farm(ette).
There are so many things that I could put in this category.
The one that I've been pondering for the longest is
my fashion. Now, if you know me, you know I could really
care less about fashion and the most recent trends in
clothing and jewelry. The only thing that matters
to me is comfort.
Unfortunately, those who enter this home always find me
comfortable (and usually happy for that matter),
but my clothing may not match, and
much to my husband's chagrin I am often still in my
pajamas even in the afternoon.
I suppose I get my sense of fashion from my father.
This is how he is around the house as well, don't get me wrong,
he looks rather spiffy sporting his bow ties and suit coat
on Sundays at church too. However, both of us may often
ask someone's opinion before stepping out of the home
and going to a function that requires us to "dress up."
It dawned on me during the winter months that I now know
what I am most comfortable wearing. It only took me 33
years to figure this one out. I am most comfortable in
natural fibers, cotton, linen, and wool mostly.
The rayons, nylons, polyesters, and anything slippy on my skin
do not provide me comfort or warmth for that matter.
So I have now entitled my very own fashion style as
Fresh off the Farm.
Here are some examples
I find myself warmest in a scarf.
These most practical boots, BOGGS boots were the most
recent addition to my wardrobe and were the only shoes that
I could rely on to keep my feet warm this winter.
Plus they are pretty to look at too.
The freshest harvest from our backyard.
I was so pleased to receive this flat from my father.
It was my Dad's tray from when he picked strawberries as a boy on his farm.
The adorable quart baskets were acquired at an estate sale that I
happened upon last year. This was the largest harvest yet
this season for strawberries, nearly 6 quarts!
Here is a link to my favorite recipe to whip up with
the tastiest berries around. Note, I substitute strawberries
for the raspberries, and I don't do the straining of the seeds.
It takes minutes to prepare and the whole family LOVES it.
Favorite Thing:
The first site of Sadie's freckles peeking through for the season


Lovely catching up with you, dear friend. It is disastrous how much I can miss you, especially after reading the last few blogs and realize afresh how alike we are. You are so very special to me!!!
ReplyDelete