August 2011

August 2011

Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Cutest Wedding Ever


Let me introduce you to a few of my favorite people . . .


these are my cousins, Nate and Josh Korpi.

We had the honor of attending Josh's wedding to
Heather Smith, 


and it was quite the event, 
so much so that it deserves a blog entry all to itself.

Nate lived with us for a few years, and Josh just came
along for the ride (apparently we can be fun to be with).
Needless to say they are like brothers to me in many ways.


So, these two lovebirds met through Josh's brother Nate.
Nate's wife Jendi, was Heather's roommate at college.
Josh and Heather went on the same mission trip to Ecuador
not knowing one another and the rest is history.


Nate and Jendi Korpi, maid of honor and best man.

The wedding took place in an orchard near Heather's home.
Mat picked and ate an apple on the walk to the ceremony.
The wedding and reception were the simplest and most personable
I have attended.  Kuddos to the bride!


There were no programs, the ceremony lasted 20 minutes
at most, short and sweet, just as married as a 1 hour ceremony.
It was touching to see my cousins tear up in joy for the 
other and for the love of their brotherly relationship.

I know that they love the Lord and are grateful for
all He has done in and through them.

The rain started slowly the last 5 minutes of the ceremony
and lasted till dinner was complete under a tent.
Here they are entering the reception.



There were so many little things I enjoyed about
this wedding and you should enjoy them too.
I feel that every wedding should take on the flavor and flair
of the bride and groom.  This one did and here are some 
of the ways how.

It was not a huge wedding, all those present were intentionally 
wanted there to share in the joy of the day and
celebrate God's work in them.

It was practical and fun.
no favors or bubbles to blow
but horseshoes, volleyball, a firepit for enjoyment.
Adirondack chairs by a pond to foster conversation.


They asked each guest to bring a photo of themselves
and to leave a note with it on these adorable windowpanes.
Can you say Super Cute?


The dinner was Ecuadorian themed.
This is where they met, in Ecuador and where
Josh was born and raised.

The menu consisted of pork and plantains,
salmon on a mango salad,
shrimp ceviche,
cucumber salad,
and cornbread.

This was all served on compostable plates
made of fallen palm leaves
as were the utensils.


Here was the dessert table.
One of my favorite things there!
Cakes and PIES!!!!
All displayed with nature and tasted excellent.
Maybe I should mention that I had 3 desserts at this point.
chocolate mousse cake
rhubarb pie, 
and cherry pie.
Oh yes, and I taste tested my mother's 
lemon meringue pie too.
It was just too hard to choose one.
Thanks for spoiling me Korpis.


Here is a picture of my Gramma and I.
I love that woman and was glad to have a 
recent photo taken of the two of us.
Thank you Aunt Lisa.

Well the event finally came to a close with tiki torches lining the 
pathway to the cars and Josh and Heather were off,
nobody knew exactly where to.
I am hoping it wasn't anywhere Hurricane Irene hit the following week.






Favorite thing

Watching two who love the Lord unite in marriage
with pure intentions.  So happy to be a bystander
and cheerleader for this couple.



3 comments:

  1. So I couldn't resist posting the website of the photographer who shot this wedding because the photos are simply to die for. So enjoy should you choose. http://giveandtakepictures.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved everything about that wedding, too! And I'm so glad you posted the picture site- I'm going to head over there now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How awesome! What a beautiful wedding~ their girls look so beautiful and fun =; )

    ReplyDelete