August 2011

August 2011

Monday, February 7, 2011

Beautiful Feet

I can still hear it in my head, the song
about Beautiful Feet sung by Sandi Patti.  
At least I believe she is the one who sang that song
that I heard in my parents home as a child.
I have once again been reminded of beautiful feet this week.  

How beautiful are the feet who bring good 
news to the poor.

This delightful verse came to me on the front of a card
sent by a thankful friend.
Often times I am consistently reminded
in my thoughts of a friend.

I have learned from my mother that
when this happens it is most often
the Holy Spirit bringing someone
special to mind for a 
specific reason.

This happened for two of my 
fellow mother friends that I rarely 
see.  One because she
is out of state and the other
because she is not feeling well.

I decided to send a note to one, and call 
the other.  Apparently what I gave to both
of these ladies was much needed.
An encourager? me?
I like the thought of that, 
however, the lies that
come into my head never speak of
such goodness.

Thank you Lord for giving me the Holy
Spirit to kick into overdrive
and accomplish through me what I
cannot do on my own.

Why is it that it is the lies, the untruths that
go on in our head that so easily
tangle up our hands, feet, head, and heart
from doing what we know is best? 
They would have us believe that what we have 
learned as truth is not so.

Here are some of the lyrics from one of my
current favorite songs, Desert Song that
remind me of these situations.

No weapon formed against me shall remain
I will rejoice, I will declare
God is my victory and He is here!

Favorite thing:  receiving a card in the mailbox from a friend in which every blank spot is covered with words written just for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment