August 2011

August 2011

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

How He Loves

For the last few weeks I have been savoring, 
simply cherishing certain little moments here at home.
So I thought I would share some of them.

The time I have had with Sadie during the past 
two weekends has been great.
I love that she consistently asks me to play
pretend with her.  I am honored
to know that I am fun to my kids.


Here you have it.  This particular day we created a town.
Not just any town, mind you, a town complete with a "guy" 
fort that Sadie built for Caleb's "guys," a
castle, treehouse, pet shop, and (drumroll please)
a zoo full of wild animals.  The zoo was a 
great gift from our dear friends the Webbs for Kylie's 
birthday and it has gotten plenty of attention lately.


Here you can see a close up of our zipline for the 
"guys" to use when they are not traveling in their tanks and
trucks.  The cardboard is the connecting roads of the town.

For Christmas I got myself an audio cassette tape to 
record the pleasant happenings of the house.
(So glad I don't record the Mommy meltdowns)
You had better believe that I recorded some of 
the time that my three big kids were designing 
with one another.

Lately I've been asked to play cheetah or
monkeys in the living room.  
Here is a sweet picture of my oldest
sleeping, not that she wanted to, she simply
read herself to sleep.


Did you read that?  She can read herself to sleep.
I love that she enjoys reading as much as she does.
And those pink cheeks are some of my very 
favorite to kiss after naps.



You may wonder what this little one is doing.
Micah has discovered that he is funny.
This particular night he would cover his head
with this blanket and start crawling toward
Allie and I.  As he was crawling he would 
crack up at himself.  What a cute sight to see a 
crawling baby, not knowing where he is going
chuckling to himself.  Of course once he pulled that
blanket off his face he was encouraged to 
laugh even more.

Other glimpses of this darling reveal much more of 
his face . . .


Not entirely happy here above, but it was before 6:30 am, what
can one expect other than cheerios on the floor?
Now here we have a great peek a boo game.
He does appear as Peanuts Schroeder with the 
little piano beside him.



So that is what's going on here from the Dawson home.
Caleb the uber helper is now feeding his 
little brother.  Micah looks a little angry that I'm 
taking his picture, and Caleb helped me capture
that classic opening of the mouth when feeding
a baby.


I have much more to write, however, I cannot
gather my thoughts as it is nearly 10pm.

Favorite thing:  Hearing my husband say, "I love you," to me naturally.








No comments:

Post a Comment