It has happened.
Over two weeks ago all four of the
children were exposed to
chicken pox
(on purpose)
across the driveway at
our neighbors home.
This Tuesday Caleb got his first spots.
Yippee!
He was excited and gladly
showing his chest to all who wanted
to see his polka dots.
Four days into the pox, he's not
as excited, but is taking it like
a man.
Today Micah started with his first few
spots so I anticipate being home quite a
bit in the near future.
It seems most families I know have
some sort of illness in their homes.
For all you mothers out there that are wondering
"Will spring ever come?"
I have this picture for you.
The first signs of spring here at the house on the hill.
I showed Caleb the beginnings of flowers one
day (knowing he is the excitable type), and
he told many people in a loud voice
over the next two days,
"Da flowers are growing!"
I was thrilled last weekend to attend a dinner party.
Here you can see a table filled with many Amys.
We all share the same name and are even
missing one more Amy from our clan.
I was able to sneak out of the house on Monday
in order to finish a project.
Do you see this chair here below?
Mat picked this Dora chair up at Walmart over
two years ago for a few bucks.
It is a great size for the little ones,
sometimes even the teens sit in it
when they visit.
However, after being used everyday for years
the wear on Dora took a toll
and she was looking quite shabby.
I really enjoy doing artsy things with
my hands and reupholstering is
something I have wanted to
try my hand at for some time.
So what better piece of furniture to
start with than this little chair?
Well, after locating a couple that
taught themselves how to recover
furniture and asking for their help.
This is what the chair looks like.
A big improvement, don't you think?
A convenient handle added to make moving it
a tad easier.
It is always more appealing with a little one in it.
That's what's happening here on the hill.
Feel free to stop by if you would like
exposure to chicken pox.
Favorite thing: Watching America's Test Kitchen with my kids
on PBS after lunch on weekdays.


No comments:
Post a Comment