August 2011

August 2011

Friday, February 25, 2011

Listening to the Reign

Come with me, quick, but tip toe.
We must be quiet or the kids will hear and
we will not hear the rain.
I'm hiding in my room.  
Micah is sleeping, Mat and Sadie just left for
work and school, and the remaining 2 kids
are watching Sesame Street.

Shhhh.
Do you hear it?
Rain, constant and steady.
Isn't it delightful?

After awaking with the boys at 5:17am
I snuck (is that a correct word?)
back to bed.  Inevitably I was called
and found but in the few minutes of quiet it was heard
once again.  The rain.
Oh how I love the sound of it.
It reminds me often times of Germany and
that in itself is an entirely different blog.

It has been well over a year since I have stopped
and simply listened to rain.
As I was listening I was rehashing the thoughts that
streamed through my head yesterday as
I chatted with others about 
schooling my children, 
whether it be at home or away from home.

I was recalling last year.
My head was in a sad place.
Granted I was pregnant, homeschooling,
and missing my husband to wrestling
last February.  Let's just keep
this in mind.

I was realizing that I feel like a 
different person.  Is it because I am not 
pressuring myself about schooling Kylie?
I am not pregnant.  As far as I can tell
my emotions are in check because of it.

Then I got to thinking maybe it is due to
the lack of reign.  Reign that I allow
Christ to have over my life.
I definitely have seasons and I am 
reflecting to the past one as one I 
would not like to repeat.

I was not realizing my place. 
I was not remembering that all so 
important truth that the Holy Spirit is
deposited in me, I am Christ's daughter.
I was living with very selfish feelings 
that remained unchecked for the most part.

Well there you have it.
The Desert Song resounds
in my head as I think of this.
So enjoy the music, the lyrics
as I seem to raise my hands in praise
each time I hear these words.







Dear Lord, 
Come reign on my life,
steady and constant.



Favorite Thing:  the electric blanket given to me one Christmas from my husband

No comments:

Post a Comment