August 2011

August 2011

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Palm Sunday

It snuck up on me again.
Palm Sunday and the Easter Celebration that is near.
Today is Palm Sunday.

I have recently been a bystander.
I've been watching from the crowd, from a distance.
I've seen God at work and have admired His 
movement in people, circumstances, and 
sometimes in my heart.
As of late, however, I haven't really 
acted on it.  The desire to join Christ 
at work has not really been there.

Today I read, and heard scripture about Christ's entry into
Jerusalem.  He was riding a donkey and weeping.
The people were shouting Hosanna and were
ready to welcome Him as their King.

The disciples brought a donkey and laid their coats on it and He
sat on the coats.
Most of the crowd spread their coats in the road.
Christ did not ask for them to lie down their coats for Him.
What was this showing?
I am gathering that they were preparing the way for royalty.

If someone nationally known was coming to my house I 
suppose I would sweep the sidewalk to my door, clear 
out the entryway, and prepare a bit.

The rather handsome speaker this morning . . . 


wasn't wearing this but he did have the same heart when 
he spoke.
He mentioned Christ's triumphant entry into my heart.

That is what I want.
I am ready to find those coats to lie down, 
to be at the celebration,
to watch Christ enter
triumphantly.

Favorite thing
Watching people "in their groove"
doing exactly what God created them to do,
to see the joy on their faces, acknowledgement 
of God's hand at work.
I see this especially in Peach, the drummer Sunday mornings.


No comments:

Post a Comment