August 2011

August 2011

Sunday, May 22, 2011

On my mind

I have a swirling of thoughts in my mind
and they need to come out.

This one is simply so cute that I must record it.
Last week Kylie asked me to write the word creation
down for her.  I proceeded to spell it out for her
so that she could write it herself being that she is big
enough to do so.

This is what she wrote:

I <3 CREATION


She took her papers outside to tell God what 
she thought of His Creation and left them there
for Him to admire.
I just think that is one of the most pure forms
of worship I have witnessed in a long time.
I love that little girl!

Last week Sadie had her big performance for Music 
and Drama at church.  The musical was entitled Henotes Island.
Sadie wanted to be a stage hand but finally the director asked
her to try out for a solo and she did so.  Sadie's voice 
was strong and beautiful and I was so proud of her as she sang.


Caleb on the other hand apparently sings in more 
rambunctious form during practices and when
in front of hundreds of people becomes quite shy.
Here he is with two of his best buddies, John and Leah.


It rained all week here, every weekday.
We had planned last month to use Saturday
as a family outing day.  I was so very thankful
to wake up to the sun shining.  We drove to Shawnee on Delaware
in Pennsylvania and took a hike on a trail that is 31 miles long.
We only did a few miles but that was with children and 
maybe someday we will be able to say that we hiked the 
entire trail (that is a big maybe!).

Not too long into our walk something fell from a tree above
 and when we looked to see what it was this is what we found.


I was thankful that it didn't happen to land on Micah
who was sitting in his stroller a few feet away.
We were able to take our time and examine 
God's awesome handiwork and the 
girls collected some items too.


Caleb enjoyed being a "dude"
and wearing his bandana.


I am sure this mode of transportation is 
not being used correctly, but it was effective.


Micah eventually gave in to his heavy eyelids
as we were finishing our walk.

It has become increasingly clear to me over the past 
year that as I grow older I hear of more and more hardships.
My heart must be softening because I am rather
unexpectedly moved by these very difficult situations.

It draws me to the Lord.
With this said, over the past few weeks as I was praying
for a friend, the tears came and I didn't even know
what to pray at one point.
This is a new experience for me, being so 
moved for someone else that it causes tears.  
It is precious how God places us strategically to be 
used of Him and to light up the area we are in for Him.

favorite thing:
being honored as a friend
and invited into the hard and not so 
pretty situations of life





No comments:

Post a Comment