There is much on my mind today. . .
I love the body of believers that God has placed around me. They are tremendous, they encourage, strengthen, and meet me where I am. God works mightily in the worship center on Sunday mornings. Worship is my lifeline these days. The places I worship are so beautiful to me, the most common being my kitchen and then at church too. Something happens when music plays and speaks of the greatness of my Savior, my heart swells and I cannot get close enough to Him. Often times I turn up the music in the kitchen as I stand in front of the speakers with my yellow rubber gloves raised. This is my altar, the place that I am closest to Christ. There I dwell on His greatness, sovereignty, and power.
However, when my failures and insecurities rise to the surface and my eyes are off of Christ I am not in the transforming mindset to sit at His feet. I was mentioning to a friend last week how so often I feel like a keeper of the aquarium rather than a fisher of men. I was thinking of that tonight as I was washing dishes and thought of how currently I am equipping Mat to be just that, a fisher of men. I also can enable others in this way as I support them in their life circumstances. It may not be a direct fishing line but I must be content in the spot where God has me, and for me to see it in a light of importance is needed right now. Prayer can play a larger role at this point too. To pray earnestly and more often for even the youth ministry is something to grant more energy.
Kylie said the cutest thing to me the other day as she recounted the Bible story I was reading to the kids. She was telling me it was about Jacob and Seesaw (Esau). Delightful.
Caleb was covering me in his bed with his precious bubby blanket and then another blanket on top of that and as he was putting it over my feet he said "I'm da best kid ebber!" with a great big smile on his face. And I agreed with him completely at that moment.
Tonight I made kale chips mostly because my friend Webb recommended that I do so because they are simply amazing. It is kale torn into pieces, rinsed and spinned dry in in a salad spinner, then tossed with olive oil and salt and baked at 325 degrees for 20 minutes.
Favorite thing: Friends who are like family in my house
A pastor who experiences life and is real on Sunday mornings

No comments:
Post a Comment