Well, here it goes. My attempt to capture the moments here in this crazy, lovely, insane home of ours. I am in need of "sanity" time in processing my thoughts to clarity which only truly happens when I release them through writing. This is my new way to do so, a blog.
Dawson Diner is all about the ins and outs of the Dawson home. There are many as we live in a church parsonage and my husband Mat is the youth pastor at the neighboring church. We minister through relationships of which we have many. So graciously God has allowed me to be here in this place at this time when others can come to me as I cannot as easily go to them. This home has been quite the hot spot of my many friends my age and younger to the teenage years especially. It is a place where one can come for a meal, a chat, a listening ear, a bed to sleep in, to watch a movie, or even a place to relax and simply be understood and loved. This time in my life is busy with many titles such as a wife, mother of four children, friend, and most importantly daughter of Christ and each time I ponder His gracious leading to this place I am humbled. My needs are very people oriented, I simply need people and lots of them (this I've been discovering mostly over the past five years). How wonderful that my Savior who wants to be my everything allows me other relationships as well, and He isn't controlling. Christ allows me to be home with my beautiful babes and yet at the same time I can look forward to contact daily with the outside world among those who walk through the threshold of this home.
So please join me if you will and in your imagination, pull up a seat at my kitchen table, there is room right there on the bench. I have a delightful new candle which is the scent of cranberry chutney, don't you like it? Can I get you a drink? Would you mind if I did some dishes while we talk, or even start preparing the next meal? Who knows the kids may even give you quite the entertainment while you are here. I am so very glad that you came. I do hope you enjoy your stay.
My plan is to end my entries with a thing or two that makes me happy. Today that would be . . .
eating a winter dinner by candle light
No comments:
Post a Comment