Another Mother's Day has passed.
I thoroughly enjoyed a special day yesterday.
I was actually ahead of the game this year and asked my Mom
out for breakfast the day before.
I'm thinking that this may have to happen every year,
or at least more often.
If you haven't had the treat of meeting my Mom,
here she is,
meet Lois.
We met for breakfast and the best part about this breakfast
is that it was just her and I!
This hasn't happened in way too long.
We delighted ourselves in conversation that was long
and heartfelt and spoke of what we are learning
from the Lord.
She was telling me about a dear sister in Christ at work
and how she has some wonderful conversations with her.
I was sooooo thankful at that moment for my Mom.
I know that if she could she would come and visit us often,
and love on her grandkids more frequently.
She has mentioned this in the past and I have to say that
we have been so very blessed to have many friends surround us
with love too.
That is not to say that visits from Lois wouldn't be appreciated,
I'm just saying that the Body of Christ is a beautiful thing to behold.
I saw that beauty as I sat with her and she spoke of her co-worker.
I heard the love she has for her in the kind words, and
know her concern for her through the prayers she
prays for her, and I know that her friend has a tremendous
mentor in my mother.
I was blessed to see that others benefit from the wisdom the
Lord gives her, and even more importantly that she takes
the time to invest in the precious friendship before her.
So Mom, I know you are reading this,
thank you for loving me, but thank you
just as much for loving Mary Beth.
Apparently this apple didn't fall far from the tree,
(see previous post).
Mother's Day was a treat.
The kids had cards wrapped up for me and Sadie
was oh so overjoyed to give me a marigold in
a personalized pot.
She looked especially pretty for church in the morning.
Worship could not have been better at church,
and the sermon was excellent.
Allie gave me a super sappy note,
and I spent the afternoon outside with Mat
planting the garden.
Mat thought of me too and I received a new
running hat and shirt.
This little angel even thought of his Mama.
I received a wrapped gift from him as well.
He didn't quite cover all of the gift with wrapping though,
poop was outside the diaper and I could smell
him (he was upstairs in bed) before I ascended the steps.
After dinner I went to the local Diner to purchase
some lovely desserts.
I got to eat my coconut cream pie
with Desiree and Allie as we watched
Julie and Julia.
It was a wonderful day
and I am very blessed.
Favorite thing:
Listening to the birds sing as I lie in bed in the morning


No comments:
Post a Comment